Discover the Languedoc region around the Prieuré Saint Martial (34)
The charms of Alignan du Vent and Pézenas
Alignan du Vent and Pézenas are located in the countryside, in the Hérault, in the heart of the Languedoc-Roussillon region which enjoys an exceptional sunshine rate of more than 300 days per year.
Region of traditions, Occitan culture, gastronomy and varied vineyards, fine gourmets will find an extensive choice of good restaurants, renowned local wines, unique and ancient places to visit representing priceless architectural treasures.
20 minutes from the Mediterranean Sea for all kinds of water sports, in all seasons.
The picturesque, city of art, architecture and predilection of Molière
City of beauty, with undeniable charm, with more than 800,000 visitors per year, Pézenas has many antique dealers and antique dealers who have over the years brought him a certain renown in this area. It also hosts many art craftsmen of excellence, mainly located in the streets of the historic heart.
Pézenas is a city steeped in history that was the favorite place of stay of Molière and his troupe, especially in its infancy. It is currently a city that is particularly popular with foreign tourists, attracted by its sweetness of life and its picturesque side.
Surrounded by many vineyards, mostly on hillsides, the tradition of good wine is more to do for this region of wine tradition. The proximity of famous AOC appellations such as Saint Chinian and Faugères truly attest to this.
The architecture is not left out, with many bourgeois houses built between the sixteenth and seventeenth century that give the city its character and charm so special.
It is also a city where there is a certain sweetness of life, bathed in an atmosphere of tradition and culture in the noble sense of the term.
Pézenas is also known for its colorful carnival and famous Poulain who goes out in the streets of the city on Mardi Gras.Do not forget the gastronomic specialties that are the pie of Pézenas which is a sweet / salty pastry that can be enjoyed at the beginning or end of the meal, the Pezenas hamlet which is a candy stick and flavored with various flavors like anise or mint, for example, then the famous stew of Escourbilles which is a typical dish of the carnival period of the city and is made from various remains of sausages, meats, celery, green olives, carrots and mushrooms that are served with potatoes.
Sea, culture, sites to visit, leisure to practice near the area of Alignan du Vent and Pézenas
The sandy beaches are just 20 minutes from the Domaine du Prieuré, you have the opportunity to go to the edge of the Thau pond in Marseillan, as well as the beaches of coastal towns such as La Grande Motte, Carnon, Palavas the waves, Frontignan, Sète, Cap d'Agde or Valras. There is the possibility to practice many leisure activities such as swimming, sunbathing, water skiing, motor and sailing boat rental, jet ski rental, parasailing, scuba diving, coastal cruising. , Aqualand Cap d'Agde, etc ...
In addition to water sports, you can go karting, horse riding, golf, visits to natural or theme parks, historical sites, ancient structures, the African reserve of Sigean, caves, see colorful city and village markets and much more.
Let yourself be seduced by the art of living of the great south and all its diverse and varied wealth that will fully fill you and enjoy the good life of the Hérault and its region.
Les sites intéressants proches du Prieuré Saint Martial
- Pézenas, ville pittoresque
- La visite du parc naturel du Haut Languedoc
- Le village médiéval de Saint Guilhem le Désert
- La cathédrale de Maguelone près de Palavas
- Le Canal du Midi et notamment les 9 écluses de Fonséranes
- Le lac de Salagou et la beauté de ses paysages
- Le Cap d'Agde, la célèbre station balnéaire
- Frontignan au pied du Massif de la Gardiole
- Sète, la ville de Georges Brassens et de Paul Valéry
- Montpellier, la capitale régionale dynamique
The best tables around
- In Tourbes:
The House - Tel: 04 67 98 86 95
- In Pezenas:
The entre-pots - Tel: 04 67 90 00 00
Palm trees - Tel: 04 67 09 42 56
Les Marroniers - Tel: 04 67 90 13 80
- In Marseillan:
Chez Philippe - Tel: 04 67 01 70 62
Table d'Émilie - Tel: 04 67 77 63 59
- In Bouzigues:
The blue coast - Tel: 04 67 78 30 87
Gardens of the sea - Tel: 04 67 78 33 23
- Montpellier :
Jardin des Sens - Tel: 04 67 79 63 38
- In Mèze:
The Tambourine - Tel: 04 67 43 83 78
La Marmitière - Tel: 04 67 43 84 99
- In Vailhan:
Auberge Presbytère - Tel: 04 67 24 76 49
Useful links ....
- Aquarium of Cap d'Agde ...
- Sigean African Reserve ...
- Mini farm of Cessenon ...
- Tourist Office of Pézenas ...
- Discover the Hérault, the guide of Hérault ...
- Park of the plain of the dinosaurs in Mèze ...
- The city of Carcassonne ...
- Polygon of Béziers, the open-air shopping center ...
- The cave of Clamouse ...
- The natural park of Haut Languedoc ...
- The 9 locks of Fonsérannes ...
- The viaduct of Millau in the Aveyron ...
- Medieval village of St Guilhem le Désert ...
- The Ensérune Oppidum ...
- Lake Salagou ...
- Tourism in the Hérault ...
- St Thomas Golf ...
- Tourist Office of the city of Sète ...
- Discover Montpellier ...
Charming residence in the Hérault (34):
- Charming bed and breakfast rental in the 34 in the area of Pézenas historic and art city:
- Luxury apartment in the Hérault near Agde
- Luxury residence with swimming pool for rent in Pézenas- Rental of upscale accommodation near Montpellier